- 1 aubergine
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 1tbs olive oil
- pepper, garam masala
- fresh parsley
- sesame seeds
- Cut the aubergine in half, put in a casserole and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down and spoon out the pulp.
- Blend the pulp with pressed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and garam masala.
- Add sesame seeds and fresh parsley right before serving.
This aubergine cream fits perfectly as a dip for pita bread, with vegetables, potatoes or as a spread for bread.
Facts about aubergine:
- consists 97% of water and is low-calorie
- probably has its origin in India