ingredients (two servings):
- 5 small potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 1-2 celery stalks
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1tbs oil
- salt, pepper, oregano, paprika powder
- 1tbs vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can kidney beans
topping: fresh basil
- Peel and slice the potatoes in chunks. Put them in a pot with water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel the carrot, wash spring onion, celery and bell pepper and cut all vegetables in slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced vegetables. Steam them for 2 minutes and add salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and vegetable stock.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and some water if you like to.
- Cook for some minutes. Right before serving you add the kidney beans and the cooked potatoes.
- Top the two plates with 1 handful fresh basil.
Tip: Instead of potatoes you can use millet as well. Therefore you simply put it in a pot with water, bring it to the boil, turn off the heat and let it swell for 10 minutes.