ingredients (two servings):
- 500gram carrots
beetroot-pesto (fills a 200ml can):
- 150gram pre-cooked beetroot
- 5tbs olive oil
- 1tbs fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tbs pine nuts
- salt, pepper
- Peel carrots and cut off the endings.
- Use a spiralizer to slice the carrots in long, thin stripes.
- Roast the pine nuts in a heated pan without oil.
- Slice the beetroot in chunks and fill in a vessel to purée with all other pesto ingredients.
- Steam the carrot noodles in a pan for 2 minutes and mingle with pesto (for one serving you need 2-3tbs of pesto).
- Serve the plates garnished with fresh basil.