First of all some HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Berries are rich in vitamins and boost your immune system
- Beetroot includes a lot of iron – perfect for vegans!
- Sunflower seeds contain a lot of healthy unsaturated fatty acids and proteins
- Do you need more reasons to try this recipe? Please contact me! 😉
ingredients (for two bowls):
- 100gram mixed frozen berries
- 100ml hot water
- 1 banana (100gram)
- 80gram beetroot
- pinch of cinnamon and curcuma
- 2tbs linseeds
- 100gram oats
- 2tbs sunflower seeds
optional topping: apple slices, fresh coriander
- Put the berries in a vessel, add hot water and let them unfreeze (takes less than two minutes).
- Add banana, beetroot, cinnamon and curcuma and puree the mixture.
- Mix oats, linseeds, sunflower seeds and smoothie in a bowl.
- Top your oatmeal with sliced apple and fresh coriander.
In case you don’t like coriander you can add fresh mint instead. 😉