- 1kg (2 pounds) pumpkin
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 200ml 6.5 oz) water
- 150ml (4.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2tbs lemon juice
- 2tsp chopped ginger
- 2tsp curcuma
- Wash the pumpkin and slice it in chunks.
- Put the pumpkin slices in a pan with heated coconut oil and steam it for one minute.
- Add water and coconut milk, reduce the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes at minimum heat.
- Add lemon juice, chopped ginger, curcuma and pepper and puree the soup in a blender.
- Put the pumpkin seeds in a heated pan without oil and steam them for two minutes. Remove them from the heat before they are burned.
health benefits: pumpkin seeds are rich in unsaturated fatty acids, proteins, minerals e.g. iron
tip: You can add some syrup, if the soup is not sweet enough for your taste and some chili flakes for a spicier taste. As topping you can use fresh herbs, which add an extra, intensive flavor, e.g. coriander or parsley.