- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 red onion
- 100gram amaranth
- 1tbs tahin (sesame mush)
- 1/2tbs samba oelek
- 1tbs tomato paste
- Slice all vegetables and the sweet potato in chunks.
- Cook sweet potato and amaranth in two different pots with boiling water. Sweet potato needs about 5 minutes to become soft and amaranth has to be cooked
- Add red onion in a pan with 1tbs olive oil and steam until it gets glazed.
- Put in red pepper and kohlrabi and cook for 3 minutes.
- Blend tahin, samba oelek, tomato paste and pepper and add to the pan.
- Add boiled sweet potato and amaranth in the pan and mix up.
facts about amaranth:
- includes many easy digestible nutrients
- slight nutty taste
- contains less carbohydrate than grains
- high in fiber which means you are full up for a long time