sugar-free, dairy-free and fruity!
- 300gram apple
- 80gram dates
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tbs maple syrup
- 200gram spelt wholemeal flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 50gram ground almonds
- 150ml oat drink
- 150gram apple mush
topping: 25gram chopped almonds or coconut flakes
- Pour boiling water over the dates and let them swell for 5 minutes.
- Wash the apples and slice them in small chunks.
- Pour off the date water and add 50ml oat drink instead before you puree the dates.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees and put a baking sheet into your baking pan.
- Put apple slices and dates in a pan without oil and steam them for 2 minutes. Add cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Mix flour, baking powder and ground almonds in a bowl and add 100ml oat drink and apple mush.
- Then you add the apple-date-mixture, mix all ingredients and spread them out on the baking pan. Add more oat drink, if the pastry is too dry.
- Spread some coconut flakes or chopped almonds on top of the pastry if you like.
- Put the pastry in the oven and bake it for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Tip: You can eat the cake straight away when you remove it from the oven or wait until it cools off. It will stay fresh until the next day if you store it in the refrigerator.