low-carb, sugar-free, fat-free, gluten-free (if you don’t use wafers)
ingredients (for 12 small ones):
- 12 wafers (optional)
- 100gram dates
- 15gram chopped almonds
- 70gram planed almonds
- 15gram coconut flakes
- 1tbs cacao
- 2tbs cacao
- 2tbs rice drink
- 30gram banana
+ topping: chopped almonds
- Pour boiling water over the dates, let them swell for 5 minutes and puree them afterwards.
- Put almonds, coconut flakes and cacao in a bowl and add the date mush.
- Knead to a pastry with your hands (yes, you’ll have to wash them later ;)), shape small balls and press them on the wafers when they have the right shape.
- To prepare the chocolate topping you simply mix cacao, rice drink and squeezed banana, heat it in the microwave or on the stove. Puree it if it’s not creamy enough and spread it on the gingerbreads.
- Last but not least you can top your vegan gingerbreads with chopped almonds.