2 small zucchinis, washed and sliced
- 1tbs olive oil, salt, pepper
handful fresh arugula, washed and chopped
100gram red lentils
4tbs tomato paste
2tbs lemon juice
2tbs sunflower seeds
3tbs olive oil
pinch of salt, pepper, chili, curcuma, curry
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Cook lentils in a pot with 200ml water for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix zucchini slices with olive oil, salt and pepper, spread out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes
- Steam onion and garlic in a pan with 1tbs olive oil for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all remaining bolognese ingredients and add them to the pan to steam for another 2 minutes. If the mixture is too dry, I advice you to add some water.
Remove the zucchini slices from the oven and alternate layers of zucchini and lentil bolognese and sprinkle fresh arugula on top.
This simple vegan zucchini lasagne was created to inspire you with a fresh summer recipe that is low in carbs and rich in proteins and healthy fats. Although I don’t worry much about carbs, I’m sure it’s wise to reduce the usual carb consumption, because too many carbs might let you feel bloated. You shouldn’t forget that your body needs energy for digestion. Energy that you can’t use for the power of your brain or body.
Anyway, in my eyes balance is the key, so simply eat as many carbs as you want, as long as you’re feeling comfortable!
If you like this recipe, please send me a message, leave a comment or tag #foodivity if you’re posting a picture on Instagram or Facebook.
Thank you for caring and happy Sunday to all of you!